We realize that some people could just have absolutely no clue what SEO is and why it’s important. Well, we will of course do our best to help you along the way, but there IS a lot to know. So let’s just start with a short checklist of things you can immediately do to help your site/blog get higher up on the search engine, shall we?
- Create Sitemap – Sitemaps provide organization for people as well as search engines. Search engines are able to easily determine all of the necessary information about your site if it knows where to go more easily. The more difficult you make things for search engines to find your pages, the longer it will take to find the right places for them.
- Create Text Links – Text links help create keywords for you. When you have text links that point to other pages, it lets search engines know you are creating some noise with those words.
- Fix URL paths – Have you seen a URL that looks like this? http://www.temporarywebsite.com/yuckytext?category_id=18&view=&order=creation_date+DESC (this is just an example). Well… although this might lead you somewhere, it actually isn’t very useful for SEO. Some search engines don’t like them and most likely won’t index them. So be mindful of these paths.
- Pick Good Keywords – Body, Title, etc. – Be mindful of the keywords you use. Remember that your URL, title (for entire blog or site AND blog posts), what’s found in the body of your posts, and even the description of your blog/site all play roles in the SEO game. These are also associated with your site or blog’s tags, which we can go over in another post.
- Are You Indexed? – Make sure your site or blog is at least indexed in the top 4 search engines. To do so, go to the search engines or start with the top 3, which are Google, Yahoo, and Bing and find out how to submit your website through them or simply enter Submit website to Google or whatever search engine you choose and a result with the appropriate link should pop up that will help guide you to the right place.
There are also ways to find out what was last indexed on a specific page was as well as how to find your page’s rank.
These points are just summaries that once again we will be going over in more detail in the future. You will, of course have to stay tuned-in with us to learn more!
71,005 total views, 816 views today