Here are some techniques commonly used by professional bloggers that help lure readers to their blogs:
1. The Ratings – People love recognition. Create posts that tell people what’s hot.
An example is: Top 10 Dad Bloggers of the Year
2. Problem Solving – Create “How to …” or “Tips for …” posts to help people solve problems. People love to find solutions.
Here is an example: How to Pack Your Husband’s Lunch
3. Asking Questions – Ask questions that you feel might pertain to people’s usual problems.
An example might be: Are You a Positive Thinker with a Constant Flow of Negative Results?
4. Commands – Tell your readers what they will get out of your post by telling them how to do something.
Here’s an example: Make Your Dad Laugh Until He Agrees with You!
5. The Truth – Classified information is always so attractive, especially “juicy” ones.
A Truth headline can be: Myths About Weight Loss
6. Testimonials – Testimonials are great marketing tools that let others know how well you’re doing. People love to find out how others succeed so they can mimic their process if it’s something they feel is doable.
7. Icons – Icons or big names are known to be attention grabbers.
Would you click on this link? A list of Songs that Usher Couldn’t Move to
8. Fear – Everybody has fears. So use them to create appealing headlines like the following:
Beware of Weird Toddler Behavior!
In addition to these techniques, please remember the 3 S’s when creating compelling headlines.
10,256 total views, 15 views today